banner

Monday, August 8, 2011

Fish with Coconut Sauce


This recipe is from a site that I lovee! it has so many Ecuadorian recipes! Just like Colombian/Latin ones.. I have tried few and will post it later.. As for this recipe, its sooo unique! I never cooked fish with coconut milk so I was hesitant, but I trust Laylita and I was sure it was going to be a success..! It didn't take time at all and not many ingredients were involved. I added shrimps to it just because I love it!


Recipe from www.laylita.com


Ingredients:


1kg lbs fresh fish fillet, cut in medium size chunks
¼ cup lime juice, from about 2 limes
Juice from 2 oranges
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground coriander seeds
2 tbs canola oil
1 medium sized onion, diced
2 yellow bell peppers, diced
4 , peeled and chopped
1 can of coconut milk
3 tbs cilantro, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Side dishes – rice and fried ripe plantains


Method

  1. Mix the lime juice, orange juice, crushed garlic, cumin, paprika, coriander powder and salt in a small bowl.
  2. Marinate the fish chunks for 1 – 2 hours.
  3. Heat the oil to prepare a refrito or base for the sauce, add the diced onions, tomatoes, bell peppers and salt, cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
  4. Add the coconut milk to the refrito, mix it in well and cook for about 10 minutes, if you prefer a thicker sauce you can thicken the sauce by adding ½ tsp of corn starch.
  5. Add the fish fillets, cover partially and let simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
  6. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with rice and fried ripe plantains (if you like to!).
ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Pam said...

The coconut sauce sounds wonderful!

Ellie said...

Susy, This recipe looks SOOO delicious! I'm slowly using a bit more coconut milk in my cooking. I would love to try it as it doesn't look complicated at all....and I LOVE fish:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...