This recipe sounded so easy I just needed to check it myself by doing it! It tastes so good, almost similar to a Lebanese sweet called 'Ghoraybeh'. You can make it simple or add something in the middle of it. Check it yourself and see how easy it is!
Corn starch cookies with condensed milk
125gr of butter at room temperature
200gr of condensed milk
1 egg yolk
350gr of sifted corn starch
- Beat/mix the yolk, butter, and condensed milk for around 7 minutes.
- Add as batches the corn starch and keep on mixing. It will take around 5 minutes to become like-dough.
- Using your hands, press on the dough few times and form a big ball.
- Start making small balls from it of the size - do not make them big, mine were smaller than a ping pong ball.
- Place the balls on the pan (no need to butter it) and with your thumb, press in the middle downward. Not much, but reaching the half way through.
- Bake at 160°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add jam if desired.
- In my case, I melted 'goiabada' which is a Brazilian jam-like sweet derived from the red guava. It comes in blocks looking like this. Used a few pieces and added a couple of tablespoons of water and put them to met on high heat. Then placed half teaspoon in the middle of each cookie.