Tiramisu, , literally "pick me up", is a popular Italian dessert. It is made of ladyfingers (Italian: savoiardi) dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of egg yolks and mascarpone, and flavored with liquor and cocoa. The recipe has been adapted into many varieties of puddings, cakes and other desserts.
But now lets go to what I am about to post - its an easy recipe, so, Easy Tiramisu? No raw egg? No Mascarpone? No zabaglione??
Yes! Super easy! This was my first time doing the dessert and it was a hit! I literally made this in like 10 minutes? YEAH!
250 gm of *WHIPPED* Cream Cheese
90 gm of Icing Sugar
450 ml of Thickened Cream/Heavy Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Few teaspoon of Cocoa Powder
1 Cup of strong brewed coffee cooled
1) Whisk thickened cream till it is thick and have stiff peaks ( 4 minutes by hand mixer )
2) Add in whipped cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla into the whipped cream and mix till it is all well combined. Then let it sit in the fridge to set for about 45 minutes to an hour.
3) Line baking paper on a 8 x 8 square pan to ease transferring the tiramisu out of the pan.
4) Line the bottom pan with sponge fingers dipped into the strongly brewed coffee. Then, spread a layer of the pastry cream on top of the sponge fingers. Then another layer of coffee dipped sponge cakes then a final layer of pastry cream on top. The amount of pastry cream is up to you! ;) be extremely generous is my advise!
5) Sprinkle cocoa powder on top as the final touches, this is also up to you how much cocoa powder you want to sprinkle. Once done, place it in the fridge again to set for at least 1 hour but optimally over 4-5 hours to fully allow it to set.
1) If you can't find whipped cream cheese in your grocery store, just beat 250 gr block of cream cheese with 3-4 tablespoon of fresh cold milk till it is smooth and creamy. You may do this the night before and use it the next day when making the Tiramisu
2) Do not soak the sponge fingers or it will fall apart very easily when doing your layers. So just dipped it in very quickly.