banner

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oven Fries

I stopped frying potatoes.. has anyone as well? It seems that I should start doing healthier versions of things.. and this is one of them. The recipe if quite easy, and does not let the whole kitchen smell from the frying oil! that is good! instead, it adds a nice aroma to the whole kitchen since I add to it rosemary..! I advice you that you should try this and stop deep drying! Good for our health..! :) I am planning to add it it other flavors, like garlic, Parmesan, paprika, seasoned salt, etc.

Ingredients

4 whole potatoes
Salt to taste

Dried Rosemary as per taste

4 tbsp of Olive oil


Method


Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.


Cut in long position the potatoes in half. Once there is separate half, cut it again in half, so each potato should have 4 wedges. Wash and rise.

Add to a bowl the wedges, then around 4tbsp of oil, sprinkle of salt and dried rosemary. Here you can play as much as you want!
Place in a baking pan the seasoned wedges, and place in the oven.

Flip the wedges from time to time. I used to flip them anywhere between 20 and 30 minutes.
Bake for around 1 to 1.5 hours depending how soft you want it. Insert a toothpick to decide.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Ellie said...

I love oven fries...and yes, it is much healthier:.)
Sometimes I like to add a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese to the fries before baking. It gives them a nice crunch and a nutty flavor. It's delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...